Masonry work adds a unique look to residential homes and commercial storefronts and can add a touch of class to your landscape. Individual bricks of different materials are placed in a specific pattern and bonded together using mortar. Masonry can be used in driveways, walkways, backyard oases, and as a stone or brick facade to various structures. Masonry work is just one aspect of the landscaping services provided by Venditti Demolition.
At Venditti Demolition, we have over 50 years of demolition experience and are available to assist you on your next residential or commercial project in Austin, TX. We have a 5-star customer review rating and work hard to make your experience with us easy and straightforward. We will go over our entire process with you and answer any questions you have about demolition or masonry work. To hire an experienced team to take care of all of your landscaping services, call 512.430.0973 today to schedule a consultation and free estimate.
What Is Masonry Work?
Masonry work involves taking individual bricks or stones and creating a structure using mortar to hold the bricks in place. It adds an appealing look to any structure and can be used in a number of different ways. The individual bricks are typically made of clay, shale, cement, glass, or adobe (organic elements). The mortar used to bind the bricks together is made of sand, cement, or lime as a binding agent, and water and can take up to 28 days to fully set and strengthen.
Some of the types of work a masonry does include:
- Laying bricks or blocks in a specific pattern for walkways, patios, and driveways
- Replacing mortar joints and broken bricks.
- Chimney building and repairs
- Pouring footings, columns, and support pads
- Cement repair and coating
At Venditti Demolition, our landscaping services include installing beautiful brick driveways, patios, water features, and other hardscape items to enhance your landscaping. Our team will visit your property and discuss all the landscaping services you need, including debris removal, leveling, and all masonry work and provide you with a free estimate.
Average Cost of Masonry Work in Austin, TX
The cost of adding masonry work to your home or office will vary depending on the cost of labor, materials used, and type of design. Here is a breakdown of the average cost of masonry work:
- Brick repair – Individual brick repair and/or replacement can run from $20–$30/SF and as much as $100/SF, depending on if there is any ornate work that needs to be replaced. Labor typically runs around $28–$44/SF, and materials can run between $8–$12/SF.
- Brick mortar repair – Repairing the mortar involves replacing old, cracked mortar using tuckpointing or repointing techniques. Costs average between $10–$20/SF.
- Brick wall repair – Replacing brick walls can be expensive. Labor rates generally run between $40–$75/hour, and full restoration can run over $20,000 depending on the size of the project.
- Brick chimney repair – Chimney repair and/or replacement can cost between $300–$1,500 depending on the extent of damage, ease of access, and materials used.
The above costs are average, and your individual costs will vary depending on labor rates in Austin and whether any permits or applications are necessary before demolition can begin.
Choose Venditti Demolition for Expert Masonry Work for Your Residential or Commercial Property
What is masonry work? At Venditti Demolition, our masonry experts have experience installing all types of masonry designs for landscaping projects, home and office facades, patios, driveways, and other features. We will go onsite with you and survey the project and give you a fair and free estimate on all masonry and landscaping work necessary.
Reach out to our experts today by calling 512.430.0973 to see how we can help you with your next residential or commercial demolition and landscaping project.