When preparing a home for remodeling, there are several steps you need to take before you begin removing walls and designing your dream home. Demolition prep is an important step in the construction process. It allows for the safe removal of fixtures, doors, and windows to prepare a residence for demolition. Plus, it takes care of any paperwork that needs to be filed with the city. Hiring a professional residential services company is essential for the on-time completion of your residential project.
At Venditti Demolition, we are a full-service demolition company with over 50 years of experience in the Austin area. We offer free estimates for residential and commercial demolition projects of any size. Our teams are fully licensed, insured, and up-to-date with all training and certifications. If you are near Austin and doing a google search for demolition services near me, click on the link for Venditti Demolition or call 512.430.0973 today to speak with our professional team for a free estimate on all demolition services.
The Importance of Demolition Prep for Your Residential Project
To properly demolish a structure, either partially or fully, requires following strict guidelines to protect workers, neighboring buildings, and the environment. For partial demolition, you will need to remove any items that you plan on reusing to cut down on cost and unnecessary waste. If you don’t plan on reusing them, you can donate, recycle, or sell them instead of simply throwing them away.
Demolition prep will take care of the following:
- Removes all doors, windows, and other fixtures that you are not demolishing
- Place protective material on hardwood floors and other unmovable fixtures to prevent damage during construction
- Ensures all rooms have proper ventilation
- Marking walls, floors, and other areas for demolition according to construction plans
- Make sure all workers are following safety procedures, and there is safe egress in case of emergencies
At Venditti demolition, we work closely with you and your team to help you complete your project on time through our demolition services. We will make sure all demo prep is complete, remove all debris and materials, and can offer landscaping services to complete your home.
The Benefits of Using Demolition Services
There are many reasons to hire a professional team to take care of all of your demolition needs. The state of Texas has created strict laws regulating demolition projects, and improper filing of paperwork can mean costly fines, delays, and potential jail time.
Just some of the benefits of using demolition services for your next residential project include:
- Follows all safety regulations – A Site Manager will work with you and your team to go over all safety protocols during demolition. They will make sure all rooms are properly ventilated, all workers are wearing proper safety gear, and there are safe exits in case of emergencies.
- Projects the home – Demolition prep removes all doors, windows, appliances, and other fixtures that are not being demolished and places them in a safe area. Workers will section off the areas under construction to prevent dust and debris from getting into other rooms. They will also lay a protective barrier on all floors that are not being removed.
- Proper filing of all paperwork – Prior to demolition, office staff will file all paperwork with the city, notify neighbors of demolition if necessary, and make sure teams are following all demolition regulations.
- A smoother process – Hiring a professional demolition company is a safe and cost-effective way to demolish all or part of your home. It reduces the risk of fines and delays and prevents any potential for hazardous spills or other harm to the environment.
Hiring a company to take care of your demolition prep is the smart choice to make for the successful completion of your residential project. If you don’t properly dispose of materials or cause a hazardous spill, it can lead to fines, jail time, and the loss of your business and reputation.
Venditti Demolition: Professional Residential Services for Austin and Surrounding Areas
If you are searching for demolition services near me and in the Austin area, Venditti Demolition is your first choice for all demolition prep and other construction services. In addition to demolition, we offer landscaping, excavation, and environmental services, and our fleet of trucks, haulers, and excavators is regularly maintained and serviced. We have a close working relationship with the city of Austin to ensure all paperwork is properly filed on time to prevent any delays to your project.