Home renovations are very popular today and can give your home a new, fresh look that can significantly increase the value of your home. For drywall demolition, there are specific tools to use that make demolition much easier, safer, and faster. If you are looking for a professional demolition company with a full range of residential services, choose Venditti Demolition for fast and reliable demolition services in Austin.
At Venditti Demolition, we are a full-service commercial and residential demolition company servicing Austin and the surrounding area. Our demolition experts are licensed and insured and familiar with all demo and safety regulations. We use the latest tools and equipment to demolish and remove all material to recycling centers or the proper disposal area. For more information about our residential services, call 512.430.0973 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Preparing for Drywall Demolition in Your Home
Drywall demolition may seem like an easy and straightforward task, but it can be more complicated than you think, especially if you do not have the proper drywall demolition tools and safety equipment. Demolishing drywall can cause parts of your ceiling to fall if you do not properly prepare the area and put you or others at risk of injury.
Some things to keep in mind before starting drywall demolition in a home include:
- Review original blueprints to check if walls are loadbearing
- Check for utilities such as plumbing, electrical wiring, and HVAC equipment in the walls
- Check for any state or city regulations on residential buildings
- Protect yourself with safety glasses, gloves, earplugs, and head protection
At Venditti Demolition, we can take the hassle of residential demolition out of your hands so you can concentrate on designing and renovating your home. We will come out and inspect your residence and give you a free estimate on all your demolition needs.
Common Drywall Demolition Tools
If you are considering demolishing drywall in your home, you will need specific tools to complete the task. Here are some common drywall demolition tools that are used in residential demolition:
- Sledgehammer – One of the best tools for demolition is a sledgehammer. The hammer is made of hardened steel and is perfect for smashing down walls, ceilings, and concrete floors.
- Reciprocating saw – With the right blade, an electric reciprocating saw can cut through wood, plastic, iron, plaster, and stone. It makes fast work of any item you need to cut through, and changing the blades is quick and easy.
- Pry bar – This versatile tool makes removing drywall, tile, and other materials much easier. It is perfect for wedging in between materials and separating them. Pry bars can range from 15-30-inches in length, and some come with adjustable heads for hard-to-reach angles.
- Nail puller – After removing the drywall, you will have hundreds of nails to remove. Nail pullers are specifically designed to grip any size nail head and easily pull it from the interior wall or studs.
- Demo fork – Some older homes will have shiplap or wooden boards underneath the drywall that you will need to remove if you are demolishing the entire wall. The best tool to remove those boards is a demo fork. It is made from steel and allows you to get underneath the boards and enables you to apply a massive amount of torque to pry the boards free.
The best way to safely remove drywall is by hiring a professional residential demolition company that is licensed and insured.
Venditti Demolition Specializes in Residential Services for All of Your Demolition Needs
At Venditti Demolition, we specialize in residential demolition for DIYers, contractors, and construction companies. We offer a full range of demolition services that can include interior and exterior demolition, landscaping services, and much more. We have a close relationship with the city to ensure the proper filing of all demolition paperwork.
Before you begin your next drywall demolition project, call 512.430.0973 today for a free estimate on all your demolition needs.